CLICK THE ABOVE IMAGE TO SEE VIDEO
- The athlete begins seated on the floor, legs extended, with the coach positioned at the feet of the athlete in a split stance.
- The coach initiates the movement by tossing the ball just above the head of the athlete.
- The athlete’s trunk loads eccentrically while lowering completely to the ground with the ball overhead.
- The athlete taps the ball on the ground before sitting up while throwing the ball with velocity aiming for the coach’s chest.
- The sit-up is initiated with a throwing action of the arms followed by flexion of the trunk.