CLICK ABOVE IMAGE TO WATCH VIDEO
- The athlete begins the exercise by stepping directly over the ball with it positioned between the ankles.
- The athlete squats down and places one hand on either side of the ball.
- In one powerful movement the athlete extends at the ankle, knee, and hip joints while simultaneously lifting ball and throwing it with velocity towards the chest of the coach.
- The athlete should finish in triple extension (hands overhead, hips open and heels off the ground).
- The coach should block and set the ball so the athlete can step over the ball and repeat.